In an effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the City of La Junta has limited public use of all city owned parks. During this time, park gazebos, playgrounds, and basketball courts are closed for public use at all La Junta parks. In addition, the skate park will also be closed until further notice.
The City Park will still be open for walking, jogging, running, and fishing.
If you do plan to use city parks for these activities, remember the following safety tips:
- Wash your hands before you go and carry hand sanitizer.
- Do not use parks if you have symptoms of COVID-19, which can include fever, cough and breathing trouble.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from other people while in public areas, following social distancing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Bring your own water and keep in mind that any public restrooms will be closed.
- It’s even more important than usual to pack out your own trash to protect others in the community.