The Otero County Health Department (OCHD) has received a lab report on another resident from Otero County that has tested positive to COVID-19.
This will be the 3rd positive in Otero County.
To date, we have 1 positive from Crowley County and 3 positives from Otero County.
Out of respect for patient privacy, we will only release the following information (No other information will be released at this time):
- Was placed into isolation after receiving the positive test results
- Is a resident of Otero County
- Age: 80s
- Is recovering
Our epidemiological contact investigation found no links to the other cases, so this is more evidence of limited community spread.
Please stay tuned.
What can you do RIGHT NOW:
- Read, understand, and comply with all public health orders!
- Public health orders can be found here:
- Stay home if you are sick and, if needed, call your medical provider.
- If you are in a high risk group, take extraprecautions.
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze.
- Keep your fingers and hands away from your face.
- Wash your hands a lot.
- Stay informed by trusted and reliable sources.
- Be careful about believing what you read on social media sites.
- Do these things so you will be prepared, and not scared.
Until the next update,
Richard Ritter, Executive Director
Otero County Health Department